If you want to change, you need to start measuring so it is encouraging to see the Church of England’s first significant, rigorous research in to what does and does not grow the church. Key characteristics of a growing church:
- Intentionality around growth and Christian witness
- Investment in young people and youth
- E and N dimensions for clergy on Myers Briggs
- One leader leading one church (as opposed to more than one church or parish)
- Clustering all the current Fresh Expressions would create a medium-sized diocese and 9.5% of diocesan attendance is via Fresh Expression
Unfortunately the Church Planting stream of research did not include any numbers but many encouraging stories.
Download the report at: